6.1.10

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones




























Requested by my brother Dave. Beantown's finest (fuck you Aerosmith). This was one of my favourite bands while in high-school. Metal and punk mixed with gasp! Ska music. Frontman Dicky Barrett has one of the coolest voices in not just punk rock, but in all music, period. Yes there are tons of horns, yes they wore a shit ton of plaid (in the beginning), and yes they had a guy whose only roll in the band was to dance around on stage. This is fucking party music, and these albums have all aged pretty well. The albums More Noise all the way up to Let's Face It are all damn near perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Hell yeah. These guys were one of my top 3 favorite bands in high school. Hell, I even got a plaid tattoo in their honor. You nailed it - the albums More Noise up to Let's Face it are totally solid, and still hold up relatively well after all these years. The Bosstones are the only ska-punk band I still listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe The Bosstones have one of those Millenium collections. I'm a big fan of their middle period: Don't Know How To Party, Question The Answers.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete