2.1.10

ALL - Everything Sucks Demo




This is the Descendents' Epitaph debut recorded with Chad Price of All on vocals. This was originally going to be All's follow-up to Pummel. I don't know too much about how it became a Descendents record, but I'm sure Mr. Brett Gurewitz had something to do with it. This saw the light of day in 2007 and is a pretty cool release that any All/Descendents fan should at least hear once.

4 comments:

  1. Fuck Yes!!! Thanks for posting this. Here's the story behind this record (this comes from a friend of mine who plays in Drag the River with Chad Price): So, ALL had a bunch of music recorded for this album and were looking to get signed. Supposedly Guerwitz said he'd sign ALL but on one condition: Descendents need to reform and record a new record, which Epitaph would also release. So, the band sent these demos to Milo, he picked which songs he liked and wanted to sing, and they rerecorded them with Milo singing. Most of the rest of the songs here would show up on ALL's Epitaph album "Mass Nerder."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the backstory White. I always assumed that was the case, but had nothing to support it. Brett Gurewitz did lots of things like this back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, I wanted you ask you if it was cool if I reposted this link in my blog. I'll link back to your blog and give you full credit, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry about crediting this blog, I got this a while back from some other blog, whos name escapes me.

    ReplyDelete