3.2.10

So it has been brought to our attention that certain people have been stealing our links and trying pass them off as their own, trying to scrounge as many scene points they can from other peoples effort/risk/good taste in music. This has prompted us to go private after the weekend. We started this blog to provide people with the opportunity to hear some of the great records that we own and love while also contributing to a music sharing scene that has provided us to hear great music that we were unaware of. However we do not feel like providing this service to people who do not share the same love of music that we do. It only takes a few people to ruin it for everyone.

33 comments:

  1. is there anyway to get an invite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize that you are uploading music without asking the artist anyhow. You don't own this music so why should you care if someone else decides to use it, giving credit or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize that "saturday night" but thats not the issue. The issue is that these guys take the link and the description from our blog and pass it off as their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like an invite, if it's at all possible. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If possible I too would like an invite...Great blog. The Chavez post was key...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a very valid point saturday night and in all reality none of us should be downloading or uploading anything. I have no problem if someone wants to download something and post it on their blog but host the files on your own filesharing account, take some of the risk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can call me Jason. Ha. I was just wondering if this happens a lot because I wanted to start a blog like your own but I can't upload everything on my computer to mediafire or whatever and was just going to post links for the most part. Oh well. I didn't know about the description part. How hard is it to write your own little blurb about it? It seems that the people that do this don't even listen to the music they upload or put on their site. So I see your side of the story. I like this blog. I mean you have the Doughboys discography on here. Oh well thanks for answering me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea i'd love an invite if possible, i love this blog best thing that's happened for me in awhile honestly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Im Goose, I like music you post, please send me and invite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey love the posts, and i'd love to keep getting plugged in to new music. so if it's gonna take an invite, i'd really appreciate one. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too would like an invite. I've been going through this for the past few days and this is filled with things I love. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a blog like this too.

    I'm aware that distributing copyrighted material is illegal. But ethics and the law are not always the same thing. There is an ethical way to do this and an unethical one.

    Some music blogs just paste copy from AMG or Wikipedia or Pitchfork or whatever and let folks have at it. Others distribute things indifferently, likening themselves modern day Robin Hoods. It's like what Jason Saturday Night said above, they don't have any emotional interest in what they post. They're just doing it to win a popularity contest.

    But the people who craft their own blurbs, in their own voices, are doing something different. Old people like me, who went to school before there was an internet, learned about music through an inefficient network of word of mouth and fanzines/skateboarding and music magazines. In the 80s and early 90s, people dubbed tapes for their friends - and that's how 90% of suburban kids ever heard Joy Division or Big Boys or The Violent Femmes, etc. A blog like this is doing the same thing, only to a wider, less intimate circle of acquaintances. Though that circle is less intimate, it is alike in every other way.

    When you specialize content, you get committed readers. They may or may not like everything you do, but repeat readers do not come back just to steal.

    A blog like this is an open-ended discussion of a personalized set of music. It isn't meant to be distributed at a wholesale level. IWJTDFM (the blogger) feels abused by the community because his or her point of view is being copied and pasted by unknown persons who may not share his or her passion. I see the blogger's point.

    Since I am on your side and feel I'm one of the "good ones," may I have an invite? Be kind to an old man and explain how it works if there are any complicated instructions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, people taking credit for other people's work is stupid.

    If you could, send me an invite @ analogfuture@aim.com. It'd be greatly appreciated. Also, if you need a contributor I'd be happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. can i have an invite plz?
    bicyclequest@hotmail.com
    ill give you a upload of an old blount seven inch im sure you dont have as soon as im around a usb record player!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and if an email is needed: Skygooose@gmail.com, your blog is the tits, and I have discovered some sweet music from it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah man I just found this place and I'm stoked on it. Any chance of an invite here? Cheers.
    scumtash(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd also like an invite, checking this blog has become part of my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm right there with hauntedsalon. First thing I do when I get home from work is see what the you guys have blessed my ears with.
    If I could get an invite...that would be suh-weeet!
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey dude, jamie here, can i get an invite

    ReplyDelete
  20. This selection of music you put up on here is amazing. Everything I've tried so far is great. I don't want it to stop! :(
    May I have an invite, please?

    ReplyDelete
  21. So bummed that you have to do this, but hard work is hard work and we should all understand. I only come here every 2 weeks or so, but have found some great stuff on here. If you are passing out invites = I would love one.

    BAIN - moephun@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Invite plz?

    And was it one of those nameless/faceless foreign sites who steal links and post them with linkbucks to try and make money?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey man, i'd like an invite if possible. you just don't find this music here in brazil.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. drew here, and i want an invite........

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mike here, lemme get an invite. Thanks.
    michaeljhawks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just stumbled upon this blog and it absolutely rules. I know I'm a newbie, but would LOVE an invite if possible! Thanks for the exposure to some great new music, this will keep me busy for a long time.

    ReplyDelete