
X (Aus) - Aspirations (1979)
This is a band I've always dreamed of doing. Rock and roll with a punk attitude. This album was pretty good when I heard it, but after reading the Maximum Rock and Roll interview they did earlier this year, I couldn't get enough of the band and this record, mainly. The interview described Steve Cafiero the drummer to play with the thickest sticks he could find and play with the ends. The way they described him with huge biceps and always playing with his shirt off, he would just pound on the drums while Ian Rilen would try and play as loud as he could (2x15 and 4x10 cabs that he would tilt on their sides) while trying to fight the crowd while the crowd fought themselves. The way Steve Lucas (last remaining member) described all the shows that got shutdown by cops and the venues that banned them from playing at, I can only imagine that this was Australia's answer to Black Flag and hardcore in the early stages around America. Good on you baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment