25.7.10

Best Coast - Crazy For You




This is the bands debut full-length release (on Mexican Summer Records) after putting out a slew of singles and EPs for multiple labels over the last year and a half. Best Coast are vocalist Bethany Cosentino and multi-instrumentalist Bobb Bruno who together craft breezy lo-fi 60's style garage/surf rock that is soaked in reverb, melody and melancholy. This album is getting tons of buzz right now, which is cool and all, but the band already peaked back in March when Bill fucking Murray turned up for their South By Southwest gig, and we all know that it just doesn't get any better than that.

1 comment:

  1. They're more Vivian Girlsy than the Vivian Girls these days. I love the singles from the past 12 months. "When I'm With You (I Have Fun)" and "The Road" will be on my personal best of 2010 playlist at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete