10.7.10

The Drums






If you enjoy any aspect of 80's dance rock, then you will totally love The Drums. Super catchy indie rock that references New Order, The Cure and The Psychedelic Furs but still somehow manages to sound fresh. This is great, upbeat and fun summertime music. These guys are a big deal in the UK, but don't get talked about much over here which is a shame because in a perfect world these guys would be huge. Are some of the lyrics cheesy? Fuck yeah but who gives a shit, these guys are one of the best 80's throwbacks I've ever heard and last time I checked every aspect of the 80's was fucking cheesy so don't sweat it.

2 comments:

  1. The ep is one of last year's best, in my opinion. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. Paying import prices for North American music rubs me the wrong way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially when it's for the music of a North American artist.

    ReplyDelete