
I can remember downloading the song Baghdad off audiogalaxy and being totally blown away by how fucking loud/punishing and straight up rad this band was. I was even more stoked when I realized they were playing in London, Ontario the next month with Mastodon opening. They never made it over the border for the show (Mastodon did and they were rad), but I did see them 2 years later on the Blessed Black Wings tour at Alvin's in Detroit, and they fucking killed it. High On Fire is Matt Pike's post-Sleep metal juggernaut that takes the bottom end of Sleep and mixes it with the intensity, grit and speed of Motörhead, with lyrics about wizards and shit.





I always wanted to check out the first high on fire album. I saw them in 2007 and didn't appreciate it as much as I thought I would. Good post though.
ReplyDelete